26 July 2005

A Fine Summertime Snack.

So, I arrive home from work feeling a bit peckish. The house is hot and stuffy from being closed up all day in the Summer heat.

First, open up the windows to let in the breeze; the fog will roll in shortly and cool down the place. Next, pour a nice cold glass of Big House Pink. Finally, tuck into my newest favorite snack: organic baby carrots generously slathered in Miya's Green Goddess tofu spread and dip.

This sumptuous spread is loaded with fresh herbs and the tang of lemon; it's low in fat and low in carbs, but loaded with flavor. I get it at New Leaf Community Market, in the deli section next to the hummus and salsas. Unless you have the taste buds of a cat, you will love it, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find it odd that cats have no sweet taste buds. You and I have both seen how Maybel runs into the room when she hears a can of whipped cream. On the other hand that is cream and therefore rich in fat.

I will sometimes let Maybel finish the milk from the bottom of my cereal bowl in the morning. She seems to like the sugarmilk from frosted flakes better than the not-so-sugarmilk from Cherrieos.