29 July 2009

C'est si bon

Earlier today, Ana Marie Cox re-tweeted from Maud Newton a link to a video of bartender Del Pedro making Gin Gimlets, inspired by a passage in the Raymond Chandler classic, The Long Goodbye.

The recipe is simple:

2 oz. Gin
¾ oz. fresh lime juice
¼ oz. Rose's Lime Juice

Shake ingredients with ice, strain into glass.

Oddly enough, I had all the necessary ingredients. So I thought it might be interesting to try this recipe, and perhaps even video myself making it.

But since Jake doesn't have opposable thumbs, it's up to me to hold the iPhone and make the drink. Hmmm. Not sure how well this will work, especially since I have to do it in one take, and I've had a couple of practice rounds already...



Well, there you go. Just shake the lime juice, the Rose's, and the gin, then strain. Delicious.


PostReferenceMore Info
C'est si bonSong by Henri Betti, with French lyrics by AndrĂ© Hornez and English lyrics by Jerry Seelen; performed by Louis ArmstrongC'est si bon—Louis Armstrong

No comments: